Wednesday, February 3, 2016

God and Me

God and Me by Penny Boshoff is a daily devotional written for toddler/preschool aged children. There is a devotional for every day of the year.  Each devotional contains an applicable title, short message, recommended Bible passage for further study and a prayer for the day. The devotional is designed to be read with toddlers or young preschoolers. Each day's devotional is very short which is ideal for the attention span of this target audience.

If you are looking for an engaging way to introduce your child to the Bible and Christian principles at a very young age, then this is the devotional for you! The content and photographs are not gender specific and will interest both boys and girls. I read this devotional with my three year old daughter and my four year old son and they were both equally engaged.

What I Like: I liked the variety of topics that were covered in this devotional. With titles such as "Twins,"  "Waiting Patiently," "Cats," "A Hungry Tummy," and more, my children learned about many different topics and Biblical principles.

I also loved the photographs on each page. They featured real children (similar to those seen on the cover.)  Little children love to look at pictures of other children and babies. The photographs also directly related to the day's message. I think that it helped my little ones have a better understanding.

What I Dislike:  There was not much that I didn't like about this devotional.  However, I think there are some families that will not like the prepared "Prayer for today" written at the end of each devotional. Many Christian families try to teach their young children to pray from their hearts more authentically and not to use another person's words.

Overall Rating: Very Good

Age Appeal: Toddler/Preschool
 
Publisher Info: Tommy Nelson Publishing 2013; ISBN:978-1-4003-2394-4;  Hardcover Devotional, 379 pages, $19.99

Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $14.99

Or  Buy it at Amazon.com for $16.38



No comments: