Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Suzette Gives Thanks for Instant Bible Lessons for Nursery: Give Thanks to God

Last year brought some changes not our home and family in a wonderful way. After being members at our current church for (at the time) six years, I was asked to step into the position of Interim Director of Children's Ministry until a full time Children's Minister could be found. I continue to serve in this capacity, and it has been a blessing to our family in so many ways.

I am thankful for the extra income it has blessed us with. I am thankful for the people I have met. I am thankful for the glimpse of our wonderful staff and all of the hard work they do behind the scenes so our Sunday mornings are flawless. I am thankful for the friendships I have made which will carry on long after my services are no longer needed. I am thankful for the children I have the privilege of serving each week.

When I received today's book, I knew God had led Kristina and Cynthia to pack it in my box because it was so relevant to the ministry I am currently involved in.

Instant Bible Lessons for Nursery: Give Thanks to God by Mary J. Davis is a consumable book of eight lessons, complete with reproducible coloring pages, songs, and Bible lessons.

The lessons in this book are designed for nursery aged children with simple lessons which go over the same concept repeatedly so little ones can remember it. Each lesson can be broken up to be spread over an entire month which is great in giving little ones consistency in their lesson.

As is implied in the title, this lesson book focuses on thankfulness. The lessons include:

  • Thank You God for My Family
  • Thank You God for My Friends
  • Thank You God for My Home
  • Thank You God for My Pets
  • Thank You God for My Food
  • Thank You God for Water
  • Thank You God for Clothes
  • Thank You God for My Church

The last chapter of the book includes extra "Give Thanks" activities, including games, rhymes, and crafts.

Even children in the infant nursery can be taught to be thankful just by having the caregiving adult repeating the simple themes and verses while being rocked.

What I Like: I love the simplicity of the these lessons. Nursery curricula put together by larger groups often include "too much" stuff, and little ones are not designed to sit through and listen to a long drawn out lesson. The length of the lessons in this book are the perfect length for little ones. All of the pages in the book are also perforated for easy removal and photocopying.

As the Children's Ministry Director at our church, I look forward to implementing this book in our nursery.

What I Dislike: I liked everything about this book.

Overall Rating: Excellent

Age Appeal: 0-2 year olds

Publisher Info: Rainbow Publishers, 2012; ISBN: 978-1-58411-119-1; paperback, 96 pgs., $13.95


Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $9.99
OR Buy it at Amazon.com for $13.95


No comments: