Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Can God See Me?

Can God See Me? by Penny Reeve is a sweet book in the spirit of The House that Jack Built where each page builds on what the previous page said.

The question is asked, "Can God see me?" Throughout the story, a very fantastical situation is thought up by a little boy and the question is continuously asked. I love how the end of the story concluded with, "At the base of the hill, far away from the tree... I'm so thankful God can still see me."

What I Like: On a personal level, I love that when my daughter walked up to me as I was writing this review, she remembered the story and the conclusion most of all. It has been several months since we read this one together. As a parent, I love when a book impacts my own child to the point where remembers it vividly.

I also love the illustrations. They line up perfectly with the fantastical wording. The illustrations leave plenty of "white" space for the words to take center stage, yet they stand on their own to complement the story perfectly.

What I Dislike: Although I have a paperback version of this book, it is only available as an e-book for Kindle at this point.

Overall Rating: Excellent.

Age Appeal: 3-8 years old.

Publisher Info: Wombat Books, 2013; ISBN: 978-1-922074-97-3 ; Kindle, 24 pgs., $3.99.

Buy it at Amazon.com for $3.99



No comments: