Friday, October 10, 2014

You Have Been Invited


You Have Been Invited! by Brian Howell is a beautifully simple book which teaches children what God has invited them to through Scripture.

Each two-page layout features one passage of Scripture and a complementary illustration with and invitation to the child. For example, the page I am opened to right now features Proverbs 3:5-6 and invites the child to trust God's promises.

At the end of the book, the author offers one final invitation- the invitation to accept Jesus as their personal Savior. It is truly the perfect way to end this book!

What I Like: I loved that the author chose so many verses to feature in such a child friendly way.

I am thrilled that this is a book that can go into my daughter's library, and when she pulls it out, I know that she will be reading God's Word.

I was excited as I read this to my children that it reminded me of Scripture songs that I had learned growing up, and I was able to share those songs with my children because of this book.
 
What I Dislike: I liked everything about this book.


Overall Rating: Excellent

Age Appeal: 4-10 years old

Publisher Info: Wheat State Media LLC, 2013; ISBN: 978-0988289208; hardcover, 38 pgs., $18.99

Buy it at Amazon.com for 5.94


No comments: