Friday, April 4, 2014

I See You There: My Father's Love

I See You There: My Father's Love by Kevin Main was originally written as a poem. Because of the encouragement of his wife, his little poem became a fully illustrated book.

The poem explains, in very beautiful descriptions, the different ways that we can see God- from the moment we open our eyes in the morning to when we close our eyes at night. The poem really caused me to pause and think of the ways God reveals Himself during the course of a normal day.

This book is not long with each page containing a four line part of the poem, yet the illustrations fill up the page and bring the words to life.

I personally loved the illustrations in this book. They appear to be a series of watercolor paintings depicting different aspects of God's beautiful creation. Each picture shows a father interacting with his children, showing them something that God created for them to enjoy.

What I Like: Now that my daughter (6 years old) is a reader, I really like that she was able to pick up this book and read it with minimal help from me. Although this book is written as a poem, she was still able to read it with understanding.

I love how the author did not just write a book and leave it for us to read. He actually gives parents a "guide" and purpose right at the beginning of the book. He wants us to use this book to spend time with our children and to speak of God's love for them. This book is designed to be a catapult to generate conversations with our children of our Heavenly Father's great love for us.

What I Dislike: I loved everything in this book.

Overall Rating: Excellent.

Age Appeal: 3-8 years old

Publisher Info: Lighthouse Christian Publishing, 2013; ISBN: 9781482031102 ; paperback, 38 pgs., $9.95

Buy it at Amazon.com for $8.15



No comments: